Travel Grant Program
The Travel Grant Program helps FURI students and other Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering undergraduate students conducting research with a faculty member participate in national conferences by providing financial assistance with travel expenses. Conference presentations provide exceptional opportunities for you to present your research, compare data, and network with peers. These presentations may include presenting a research poster or even giving a research talk at a conference! You will not only learn, you will be contributing to a broader knowledge base.
Travel grant funding is limited.
- Students must be undergraduate students in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering and in good academic standing (i.e. not on academic probation).
- Students must present their research findings at the conference orally or in a poster session, OR be applying to conduct research elsewhere that is connected to their ASU research.
- Students will need to complete the Travel Grant Program Application and submit requested documentation at least 4 weeks prior to the intended travel date, but are strongly recommended to fill out at the beginning of the semester.
- Students will schedule a pre-departure travel appointment to submit paperwork and fill out a travel claim.
- Receipts of expenditures will be necessary to be reimbursed under this program. Only the traveler can be reimbursed.
- Original receipts must be submitted within one week after travel is complete during the follow up travel appointment.
- Students can be funded once per academic year in order to give as many students as possible the opportunity to travel to a conference.
Travel costs up to $700
Frequently Asked Questions for the Travel Grant Program
Who is eligible for the undergraduate research travel grant?
Any Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing who is engaged in research under the guidance of a faculty mentor and have been accepted to present their findings at a recognized local, regional, national or international conference, or needs to travel to conduct research that is connected to their ASU research. You do not have to be a FURI student to apply!
Are student groups eligible?
No. The Travel Grant Program is designed to fund individual students engaged in research.
Do I have to be accompanied by a faculty member on the travel?
Not necessarily. Each application will be evaluated individually.
Can I be funded from multiple sources?
Yes, students are encouraged to seek funding from multiple sources, such as their faculty mentor or the Barrett Honors College. Only one travel claim can be submitted per trip.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.